Canoga Park Drain Cleaning & Rooter
Get to the Root of the Problem With Los Angeles Drain Cleaning
A clogged drain is one of the most frequent plumbing issues to occur in households. For over 35 years, Kerrygold Plumbing, Inc. has been drain cleaning and rooter services across the Los Angeles area. We have become accustomed to the different causes of clogged drains and know how to get the job done.
Common Causes of Clogs
Below are the most common reasons why your drains are clogged:
- Tree roots and leaves - Roots are known to seek moisture to keep trees alive. Sometimes, they end up in your pipes and cause a blockage. Leaves, on the other hand, can cause the most damage during autumn when there's a large amount of foliage.
- Grease and fat - When you dispose your food waste in the kitchen sinks and they are not properly cleaned, the grease or fat can congeal and build up, causing a clogged sink.
- Hair - You may think that since hair easily slips into your drain, they won't cause any problem. Over time, however, hair can build up and prevent liquid from passing through until a sink won't drain.
- Toiletries - In the years that we have been in the business, it's not surprising anymore to find dirty diapers, feminine hygiene products, as well as "flushable" wipes down your drain.
- Foreign objects - Soaps to jewelry, toys, and even a hairbrush-these are just some of the objects that are easily dropped in your drains. It can be a real "treasure" chest down there.
Removing Tree Roots from Drain Pipes
If it is necessary to remove tree roots to restore your drain, we may cut out the roots with a snake or we may blast the roots free with a hydro jetter depending on the circumstances.
Why Is Regular Drain Cleaning Important?
While it may not be the most glamorous maintenance task, it is important for your home and business' safety, healthy, and comfort. Generally speaking, it is recommended you flush your drains once per week with boiling water to keep mold, bacteria, and debris buildup under control, while professional drain cleaning may be required once every few years. Having your drains cleaned on a regular basis can be crucial to ensure your plumbing system continues to function properly and minimize costly downtime and need for drain repair.
Some of the many benefits of drain cleaning include:
- Reduced frequency and severity of blockages
- Avoid unwanted odors
- Maintain a hygienic and sanitary environment
- Reduce long-term plumbing expenses
Helpful Tips for Avoiding Drain Clogs and Backed Up Drains
Nobody ever wants to have to call a plumber for professional drain cleaning services. A blocked drain can not only be disruptive, but it can also lead to further problems with your plumbing system if not dealt with promptly. Fortunately, many drain-related woes can be dodged by adopting certain preventative measures.
Keep your drains flowing freely with these 10 important tips:
- Only grind soft, small food particles in your garbage disposal and throw larger chunks in the trash
- Regularly flush your drains with a natural mixture of vinegar, baking soda, and plenty of hot water
- Avoid flushing paper products aside from bathroom tissue down your toilet
- Install hair catchers in your bathtub, shower, and bathroom sinks to capture debris
- Grind ice cubes in your garbage disposal to combat odors and buildup
- Put a lint-trap on your washing machine's drain line. All that gunk and dirt from your clothes doesn't just disappear
- If you don't have a garbage disposal in your kitchen sink add a drain stopper to block anything that's too big
- Don't put coffee grounds, egg shells, pasta, celery, or rice down your garbage disposal
- Start a compost bin in order to use your garbage disposal less and recycle more
- Dispose of cooking oils and kitchen grease in sealable containers instead of pouring them down the drain
How to tell if you Need Drain Cleaning or Sewer Line Cleaning
In both situations you're going to experience slow draining. But you'll know that you need sewer line cleaning because you'll have multiple drains that are slow at the same time. If you have just one drain that isn't draining properly, then call in our Canoga park drain cleaning experts as you've got a clog in that drain. But when your sewer line is clogged, then multiple drains, or all of them, will seem like they need drain cleaning. Below We have listed a few signs to be aware of when your drain needs cleaning.
What Are Signs You Need Drain Cleaning?
- Foul Odors — If your drains are functioning improperly it could be due to sudden food buildup within your drainage piping. Unpleasant smells can be a sign that there is a nasty clog that hasn't been dealt with in a while. It could also be that a rodent got caught in the piping as well. Contact our expert Canoga Park Drain Cleaning team for the help you need.
- Water Back Up —Do you notice your water backing up in your sink or even your bathtub? This is usually a sign that your drain line has some sort of clog or blockage, which causes water to come back into your home. This can quickly become very unsanitary and will require professional help.
- Slow Draining —This may be a no brainer, but if you notice that your drainage system may be draining slow, make sure to monitor your washing machine or kitchen drains. If it seems to be moving at a snails pace, this is likely due to a buildup in your piping.
- Odd Noises —If a pipe is clogged, the water running through it will not sound the way it normally sounds. If you hear gurgling or bubbling noises when your flush the toiler or turn on your sink, it could be a draining issue.
While drain cleaning is important, sewer line cleaning shouldn't wait. The sewer the main pressure reliever in any plumbing system and it being clogged can cause serious problems if left unattended. Another indicator of sewer line cleaning is that you might notice a gurgling sound from one plumbing appliance while you're using another. This means that pressure is building and something could burst so act swiftly.
Reasons to Hire a Drain Cleaning Professional
It is common for homeowners and business owners to perform DIY plumbing fixes to save money. While this is understandable and admirable, drain issues can be highly complicated and are often best left to a professional. A clog in your plumbing system can cause water to back up in several different places, making it difficult to pinpoint the exact source without specialized equipment. Likewise, drain cleaning chemicals and rentable drain snakes can be dangerous and cause serious injury or irreparable damage to your plumbing system if used improperly. A licensed plumber will be able to handle your drain issue safely and address the underlying issue, providing a more effective and long-term solution.
Clean Your Drains Without Draining Your Wallet
Our Canoga park drain cleaning professionals are trained to utilize the latest plumbing tools and technology to thoroughly clean your drains, including your commercial storm drains. Our knowledgeable staff can also impart some tips on how you can keep your drains from clogging so you can save up on plumbing services that are easily preventable. You can trust that our plumbers and Los Angeles drain cleaning specialists are looking out for your needs more than making a profit.
Schedule Canoga Park drain cleaning and rooter service today! Call Kerrygold Plumbing, Inc. at (855) 521-7727.