Canoga Park Water Heater Installation & Replacement
Canoga Park Water Heater Repair Experts With 35+ Years' Experience
Finding out early in the morning that your water heater is not functioning can be a real wake-up call. Our Canoga Park plumbers know that water heaters are a great necessity in homes, which is why we have spent over 35 years refining our skills in water heater installation and repair.
We can quickly and efficiently troubleshoot your water heater problem. Since 1980, Kerrygold Plumbing, Inc. has been servicing countless water heaters for residential and commercial clients in the greater Los Angeles area. We have helped thousands of satisfied customers enjoy hot water again.
How To Know If You Need Water Heater Repair
Other than the obvious situation when you don't have hot water, watch out for the following signs for water heater repair that are more subtle, but still need to be addressed sooner rather than later.
1. Cold flashes in your hot shower - This happens when the tube that brings cold water into your unit is leaking incoming cold water with outgoing hot water.
2. Snapping or popping sounds - When your tank has experienced enough sediment build-up, those minerals might interact with one another and cause this snapping or popping sound.
3. Slow water pressure - If your hot water is coming out slower than normal, it could be another byproduct of sediment build up so make sure to contact our Canoga Park water heater repair professionals.
4. Water is taking longer than normal to heat up - By now you should have a decent idea of how long your water heater takes to heat up. If there are any drastic differences then give us a call.
5. The smell of rotten eggs - If your water heater uses natural gas and you smell rotten eggs then you have a gas leak and should act accordingly to ensure the safety of you and your loved ones. But once the dust has settled you'll need a trained Canoga Park water heater repair expert to fix your gas leak.
Signs that You Need to Replace Your Water Heater
There are times, however, that your home or business may benefit more if you replace your heater instead of continuously repairing it.
Here are some indications that you need water heater replacement:
- Your heater is more than 10 years old - Tank water heaters usually last 8-12 years while tankless water heaters can live for up to 20 years. If your unit is much older consider consulting our Canoga Park water heater installation experts.
- The temperature is not hot enough - If even after repair, your unit is still just not providing hot enough water, then your heating element might be broken beyond repair and you'll need water heater replacement.
- Rusty or discolored water - If you're seeing rusty water in all of your water, then you have rust build-up in your pipes. But if only your hot water is this color then one of two things is happening. Your water heater's anode rod could be so rusty that it's discoloring your water, and you just need to replace the rod, or your water heater itself is corroding and needs to be replaced.
- Rumbling or gurgling noise - Different sounds call for different procedures. If you hear a snapping or popping sound, then your unit just needs a good cleaning, but if you're hearing this rumbling or gurgling sound then consult our Canoga Park water heater replacement specialists.
- Leaks - When water heats up, it expands sometimes so much that it can cause cracks in your water heater's tank. If your lines are leaking, they're replaceable, but the tank's leaks can require new water heater installation.
- Routine repairs - As your water heater is near the end of its lifespan, you start to notice you have to make frequent repairs on your unit. If the cost of your repairs adds up to the amount of a new tank, you should consider replacing it.
- Rising energy cost - When your water heating is at the end of its life span, that tank burns extra energy to work more efficiently in providing hot water. If you notice the increase in your energy bill, this may be the root of the cause, and you should call a professional plumber to perform a routine inspection.
When you decide to replace your water heater, our experienced plumbers can impart their knowledge on the different residential and commercial water heaters that are available for you. Many of our customers choose tankless water heaters or continuous flow water heaters.
Canoga Park Tankless Water Heater Installation & Repair
Tankless water heaters are an efficient, energy-saving method of heating water, as you need it. When you turn on the hot water faucet, water is piped through the tankless water heater system and heated instantly before flowing directly to you. Tankless water heaters not only save space, but many customers report tremendous savings in energy bills as well since these units do not have to expend continuous energy to keep a tank heated. Our plumbers can help you choose what model is right for your home, based on your water usage and other factors.
Continuous Flow Water Heater
If you are getting tired of the endless knob-turning of hot and cold to get the right water temperature, our team recommend a continuous flow water heater. The system works by setting the water temperature you prefer on a control panel so that it automatically applies to the water that comes out of your shower. This can be beneficial especially for the young and elderly members of your family. Our Canoga Park water heater specialists ensure safe water temperatures at all times.
Reach us at (855) 521-7727 to discuss your water heater installation, repair, or replacement needs with our Canoga Park water heater repair pros.